Why I decided to start a daycare
Today I wanted to talk about why I want to start a daycare. It definitely isn’t for everyone, but it’s always an option.
- I wanted to bring in a little bit of money and help my family financially. Now I can help pay for extra things that we couldn’t do before.
- Childcare can be expensive. I’d most likely end up spending over half of my paycheck paying for someone else to watch my children while working minimum wage. I don’t have the work experience to get much more than that, being that I’ve been a stay at home mom (SAHM) for the majority of the past 8 years.
- I want to be there for my children, raising them. I feel it’s important to instill our values in our children. We are lucky enough to have the flexibility/luxury for me to work from home to do this.
- My husband works long days. I’m here and can see him when I’m home 100% of the time. We would rarely see each other if I was working outside of our home. Plus, when the daycare day is over, it’s immediate family time since there is no commute to and from work.
- I want to do something with meaning. Taking care of children is fulfilling and a meaningful job. Especially at this age, I can make huge impact in setting the foundation for the kids and help them to learn.
- I love working for myself and being my boss! I love creating and designing it all. I get to plan my days off. There is flexibility in creating my hours and rate, I’m in charge of my paycheck and I choose the clients I want.
- I can still be a homemaker. I can still run house, handle scheduling, cleaning, getting packages, etc. It can be a blend of working and being a SAHM.
Does this sound like something you want? Are you already doing this for the same or different reasons? Let me know! I’d love hearing from you.